Effective as of October 2017
We care about your privacy
If you do not agree with this Policy, do not use our products and services or provide AINA Wireless with your personal data.
AINA Wireless and its affiliates are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit any websites or mobile sites offered by AINA Wireless, including without limitation aina-wireless.com, and including all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use the mobile applications that AINA Wireless makes available present and future (the “Applications“);
- Information you provide us with when you create an account, make a purchase from the AINA Wireless Shop located at www.aina-wireless.com/shop/ and other domains (the “Shop”), request services, or otherwise interact with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to your products and services, language, credit card details, payment and delivery details, your contacts and communications and other interactions with us and other such financial information. We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings relating to, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal data.
- Public Forums: We offer publicly accessible blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you request so
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
AINA Wireless may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing products and services: We may use your personal data to provide you with our products and services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contract between you and AINA Wireless, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Accounts: Some services may require an account to help you manage your content and preferences.
- Developing and managing products and services: We may use your personal data to develop and manage our products, services, customer care, sales and marketing. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular AINA Wireless product and/or service with other personal data we may have about you, unless such personal data was collected for a different purpose.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for customer care related purposes.
- Marketing, advertising and making recommendations: We may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer and to conduct market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying AINA Wireless and third-party content.
- Payments: We collect and process payment information from you when you subscribe to the Subscription Service, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- Your consent and social sharing services: We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may allow you to share your personal data with other users of the service or with other services and their users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data or other information that might be accessible to other users.
- AINA Wireless affiliates and authorized third parties: We may share your personal data with other AINA Wireless companies or authorized third parties who process personal data for AINA Wireless for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include for example billing through your network service provider or otherwise, delivery of your purchases, providing services including customer service, managing and analyzing consumer data, credit checks, conducting research and managing marketing and other such campaigns.
We may conduct joint marketing and other communications with our partners, for example your mobile operator, mobile phone OEM or PTT application. To avoid duplicate or unnecessary communications and to tailor the message to you we may need to match information that AINA Wireless has collected with information that the partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
These authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- International transfers of personal data: Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
- Mandatory disclosures: We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend AINA Wireless’ legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
How Do We Address The Privacy of Children?
AINA Wireless’ products and services are not intended to be used by children. AINA Wireless does not knowingly collect information of children without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may delete the information.
How Do We Address Data Quality?
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data.
We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to ensure that it is up to date.
What Steps Are Taken To Safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations in the creation and delivery of our products and services. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
What Are Your Rights?
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds. However, if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from AINA Wireless, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us or by managing your account. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
Who Is the Controller of your Personal Data?
AINA Wireless with office at Joensuunkatu 7G, 24100 Salo, Finland. In addition, the AINA Wireless affiliate providing the product or service may be a controller of your personal data. You may find the identity of the controller and its contact details by reviewing the terms and conditions of such a product or service or by using contact information provided in the applicable AINA Wireless websites.